London Homelessness Awards 2019 Shortlist announced!
Six projects make it to shortlist for prestigious 2017 awards
Six projects from across London have been shortlisted for the London Homelessness Awards and are in the running to win the first prize of £30000.
The London Homelessness Awards are sponsored by the London Housing Foundation, London Housing Directors, GLA, Crisis, Shelter and Savills. Organisers received over 30 applications for the awards and a judging panel had to choose just six. The projects will now be visited by a member of the panel and the final winner and runners up who will share a prize fund of £60000 will be announced at a special event on October 18th.
Simon Dow is the Chair of the judging panel London Homelessness Awards. He said: “The panel were extremely impressed with the quality of entries this year which demonstrates yet again what an excellent job organisations across the capital are doing to help people who are homeless. It was a tough choice to get to six but we think these projects show real innovation, sustainability and commitment to help reduce homelessness in London.”
The six shortlisted projects (in alphabetical order) are:
- Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families: Early Years Mental Health Support for Homeless Families
- Evolve Housing + Support: CR Zero 2020
- Network Homes & New Horizon Youth Centre: Project Vista
- Prisoners Abroad Resettlement Service
- Southwark Council’s Homelessness Trailblazer Pilot
- women@thewell: Outreach support to women whose lives are affected by prostitution.